Smart Walls is add-on for wall management in Revit® allowing you to rapidly split walls into segments (vertically and horizontally).Users can decompose walls into layers and use layers as different wall types. Walls joins and gap distances can be conveniently controlled. Users can also insert gravity points, split walls by grids, reference planes and add orientation, elevation, or coordinate selected walls.
|Modify/Calculate function increases the workflow efficiency. Selecting multiple different wall elements, Smart Walls tool, allows within few clicks to adjust or set the desired data with the help of Revit parameters for the selected element group.|
Features and Benefits
1. Decompose wall layers into separate wall types according to configurations
2. Smart walls easily splits walls at desired points. Grid lines, levels, reference planes
3. With a few clicks separates wall layers, controls and updates gap distances
4. Split selected from Openings - splits selected Walls from inserted Window, Door, Generic Openings
5. Possibility to fully control joins
7. Gravity points implementation
Smart walls tool can be found in the ribbon under T4: Create/Modify or in the TOOLS 4 BIM Dock in Precast Concrete tool selection also in Wood and Metal framing packages.
- Modify/Calculate Parameters – changes parameters of selected grouped or sorted
different type walls with one click. Selected wall group parameters can be modified independently.
- Gap configurations- change gap settings for every wall type in current project
- Split walls automatically by predefined panel size - Use different options from the Split Walls menu to auto-split walls by using predefined panel size settings, or split in exact locations by using grid lines, openings, or other walls.
- Split Settings - allows user to configure wall splitting by various rules. Split walls at exact locations by using grid lines, reference lines, boundaries, core faces, openings.
- Interlock Split Menu - Edits separated wall's profiles with predefined settings. Entered values in settings determines gap distances between walls and at wall deformation point. Modifies the height of the deformed wall's profile part, sets if overlapping will be under or over wall intersection.