In the Main rebar window, there are 4 tabs:
Layout – define reinforcement settings
Crank – read about it here.
Bend – read about it here.
Settings – pick some common settings, like view in Solid, Partition, etc.
In the Layout tab, use the New Item button to insert as many rows as needed. Use the adjacent buttons to move a row up or down or to remove it.
Looking at the column headers of the table in the Layout tab, there are different options (see table column headers) when inserting rebar. Let's go through each:
- Row position – for round columns, only one option is available – that is, Center1 – so just pick it. Instead of deleting a whole row, you can set to None in some situations.
- Rebar bar type – Select rebar Type from available bar types in your project. If you don't have them, first load them into the current project.
- Rotate – by default the first rebar is created at Top-center of the column and subsequent bars divide the circle equidistantly. By changing the Rotate parameter value, you can change the position of the starting point of rebar distribution.
- Count – how many bars should be distributed around the column with equal distances between them
- Bottom offset/Top offset – rebar offset from bottom/top of the column. May be positive or negative: a negative extends bar outside the column, a positive inside.
- Anchorage from Top – replaces Bottom offset value and bottom of the bar will be calculated from the top face of the column. Use this setting if you need short rebar elements at the top of the column.
- Coupler at start/end – add coupler at rebar start/end. The appropriate coupler family must be selected.