First you must define how many bars you want to have at the Front, Back, Center, etc. Then you go to the Stirrups tab and define which Main rebar should be tied to which type of stirrup.
In the Main rebar window, there are 4 tabs:
Layout – define reinforcement settings
Crank – read about it here.
Bend – read about it here.
Settings – pick some common settings, like view in Solid, Partition, etc.
In the Layout tab, use the New Item button to insert as many rows as needed. Use the adjacent buttons to move a row up or down or to remove it.
Looking at the column headers of the table in the Layout tab, there are many different options (see table column headers) when inserting rebar. Let's go through each:
- Row position – This needs to be selected first. It depends on column section type and is described in the image shown at the bottom of the window. It could be at the Front of the column (Front1, Front2, Front3), Back of the column (Back1, Back2, etc.), Center, FrontProtrusion.
This setting is needed for grouping rebar vertically (Vertical distance). Several bars may be assigned to the same Row position, for example, Front1, but the second rebar will be at the same vertical distance as the first one.
TIP: FrontProtrusion may be used in situations where column is cut with voids, to define different number of rebar than in the full-width column. An example may be found in the sample project.
Note: software will create additional O shape stirrups at the protrusion.
- Rebar bar type – Select rebar Type from available bar types in your project. If you don't have them, load them first of all into the current project.
- Count – how many bars you want to insert in the current row.
- Horizontal position – Select how rebar will be inserted:
- FromLeft – Rebar will be inserted from the left side of the column. If Count > 1, then the number of bars will be distributed from the left to the right side of the column equidistantly. The first bar will be on the left side.
- FromRight – Same as FromLeft, except that the first bar of the rebar set will be on the right side of the column.
- FromCenter – Places rebar with the distance from the column center as defined in Horizontal distance column.
- Horizontal distance – active only if FromCenter is selected as the Horizonal position.
- If Count = 1, then this is the distance from center of column to center of bar. A positive value will move rebar to the left, a negative value to the right.
- If Count > 2, then this is the distance from center of column to center of bar for first pair, and the distance from the first bar to the next bar.
- If Count = odd number, there will be a bar in the center of the column.
- Vertical position – Select vertical position of rebar:
- BottomStirrup (TopStirrup, SeatStirrup etc.) – Vertical distance will be measured from stirrup.
- BottomCover – Vertical distance will be measured from cover, defined in Cover settings.
- Vertical distance – distance from stirrup, cover, or center of column. It is locked if the same Row position was inserted previously. Table rows indicate priority. Vertical distance may be positive or negative: a negative pushes bar outside the column, positive inside. For center bars, positive is up, negative down.
- Bottom offset/Top offset – rebar offset from bottom/top of the column. May be positive or negative: a negative extends bar outside the column, a positive stays inside.
- Sides offset – gives additional cover offset for selected row from the left and right of the column
- Rebar Nr. and Additional Offset – related to each others' parameters. Select rebar nr. of the row and give it an additional vertical offset. *Created particularly for Japanese clients, as typically one bar is extended more than others in that market.
- Anchorage from Top – this will replace Bottom offset value and bottom of the bar will be calculated from the top face of the column. Intention is to use this setting if you need short rebar elements at the top of the column.
- Coupler at start/end – add coupler at rebar start/end. Appropriate family of coupler must be selected.