• Use the Floor Supports command to define Revit floor supports prior to using Panel Layout subdivision functionality.
• Select Floor Supports from the Floor Panel Layout menu.
• Select Add Supports in the Floor Supports menu.
Note: Floor supports may be structural framing (beams), walls, or grid elements.
• Follow the instructions by picking floor and supports.
• As floor supports are added, a Split Line will be generated at the center of the support element.
• Floor panels will be cantilevered or offset from the selected support elements by the values input in Panel Settings - Cantilevered Offsets from Supports
Options in the Floor Supports menu.
• Add Multi-type Supports - allows different types of supports to be selected (i.e. walls/beams/grids/structural framing)
• Add Supports - allows only one type of supporting elements to be selected (i.e. walls)
• Add Inner Support / Add Two Inner Support - allows for supports to be selected at the inside of the floor perimeter
• Add Trimmed Corner Supports - allows you to form a corner support by selecting two corner elements
• Show Support Elements - allows you to see which elements were selected as supporting
• Update Floor Supports - allows you to update floor support division (i.e. split lines) if support layout has changed
• Delete All Floor Supports - deletes all support elements and split lines which were generated with Floor Supports function. All support lines